Skip to Content


How does billing work if I drive on 407 ETR in a rental car?

If a rental car goes on 407 ETR, the rental car company (as the owner of the vehicle) will be sent a bill. It is completely up to the car rental company to decide how to bill the toll charges and/or their additional administrative fees to the user of the vehicle.

We understand you may want to take the transponder into a rented vehicle. However, as with any sharing of transponders between vehicles, you are responsible for the charges that appear on your 407 ETR bill. Since it is unlikely the rented vehicle will have transponder fasteners on the windshield, you will not be able to mount it correctly. Therefore, Camera Charges may be charged to the rental car company. You are responsible to reimburse the rental car company for any such charges, including their administrative fees if any.

Back to FAQ