Skip to Content


What do I do if my vehicle or licence plate is lost or stolen?

If your licence plate is lost or stolen, report it immediately with the Ministry of Transportation (MTO) to ensure that you do not receive charges that aren’t yours.

If the licence plate has not been reported to MTO as lost/stolen, you may send us one of the following documents to

  • Full police report (not just the police report number)
  • Copy of the insurance report
  • Copy of an MTO declaration report

Please ensure which ever document you submit includes, plate, vehicle and date of incident.

Please be advised if your licence plate is not reported to the Ministry of Transportation and you are not able to provide any documentation, you will be responsible for any charges accumulated up until the time you report your plate lost or stolen.

Back to FAQ