Exceptional Hardship Plan
407 ETR offers an Exceptional Hardship plan to assist customers that have accumulated significant outstanding tolls and fees and who would suffer “exceptional hardship” through the denial of their vehicle licence plate.
The plan will permit a customer to pay an outstanding amount over a period of time, rather than all at once.
Qualification for the plan is at the sole discretion of 407 ETR. All decisions are final, binding and not subject to appeal.
To be eligible, you must meet certain criteria, including:
- Owing more than $1,000
- Having no alternative vehicle
- Proving that your loss would be immediate, significant and lasting
In addition, a customer must show either of the following:
- That denial of the licence plate would be a threat to the health and safety of a person ordinarily transported by the vehicle; or
- That you would suffer “exceptional hardship” if your plate were to be denied
The plan is not available to customers for whom the following apply:
- Arrangements can be made to do without the vehicle that is subject to plate denial
- The outstanding amount is less than $1,000
- The customer has qualified for the plan before and has failed to honour their commitments
If you think you meet the criteria outlined above, you could be eligible for 407 ETR’s plan. Please click here to download the Exceptional Hardship Payment Plan application form and fill it out.
Effective May 1, 2009, 407 ETR will be charging a $30.00 Application Processing Fee. All application fees will be applied towards the 407 ETR account.
Completed applications can be mailed to:
407 ETR Exceptional Hardship Plan
6300 Steeles Avenue West
Applications will be reviewed by 407 ETR staff and the final decision about the application will be made by 407 ETR’s Ombudsman.
Customers will be contacted by 407 ETR staff after a final decision on their application has been made.
If you have questions regarding the Exceptional Hardship Plan, please click here to review a list of frequently asked questions.