At 407 ETR, we’re passionate about connecting people and businesses to communities across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and we are conscious of our impact from an environmental, social and governance (ESG) perspective.
Our 2022 ESG Report demonstrates the important progress we have made towards increasing our transparency and accountability, not only to our shareholders but to our customers, employees and the communities we serve.Download the Report
Areas of Impact
From diversity in our leadership to adhering to high standards of ethical behaviour, we’re focused on enhancing our strong governance structure.
We do our part to maintain and operate the roadway with as minimal disruption to the environment as possible.
From the safety and diversity of our workforce to investments in communities we serve, we take great pride in our social responsibility.
We’re proud to be publishing this report in alignment with the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) framework and the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD recommendations). We also align current and past initiatives to several UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)—a shared blueprint to help people and the planet thrive.
- 2.8 million hours without a lost time injury.
- 130+ youth teams sponsored through Keep Moving™ program since 2015.
- $4 million donated to the United Way.
- 38% female representation on our Board of Directors.
- 50% female workforce.
- Approximately 14% reduction in Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions against our 2018 baseline.
- First electric patrol vehicle added to our fleet.
- $176,000 donated to the Nature Conservancy of Canada.
- Launched biodiversity pilot study to enhance and protect biodiversity in Ontario.